Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud email not downloading to iPhone or iPad

When I receive an email, the badge icon on the mail iOS app updates to show that an email has been received, but, when I open the mail app, I have to refresh my inbox before it downloads the new emails. Sometimes it can take minutes for even the smallest email to download (less than 1Mb) even over a 200Mbps wifi internet connection or over 4G at 60Mbps, so I'm pretty sure it can't be internet connection related.

Before iOS 13, my emails would just automatically download to my iPhone in the background, so that when I opened the mail app, the emails were already downloaded for me to view. This issue is also present on my iPad.

I have tried the following to try and fix this issue:

1. Changing settings under 'Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Fetch New Data' from Fetch Automatically, to Fetch Hourly
  2. Restore iPhone & iPad from iCloud backup
  3. Clean install iOS and iPadOS

But after all of this work, I still can't get it to work as it did before iOS 13. Is this an iOS / iPadOS 13 bug, or an issue with my account at the Apple server end?

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 9:36 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. After updating to iOS 14.0.1 the problem appears to be fixed.

Similar questions

2 replies

iCloud email not downloading to iPhone or iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.