Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is macOS Catalina free?

Hi - Is there a charge to download macOS Catalina? Also, when i come to download mojave it is saying that it is damaged can anyone confirm why? Thanks

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 7:30 AM

macOS upgrade have been no-charge since OS 10.9 Mavericks''

Also, when i come to download mojave it is saying that it is damaged can anyone confirm why?

That message usually indicates that you have an older and out-of-date version of the installer already in your Applications folder. Find it and delete it. the thry again.

NOTE: There are many reports here that Apple system downloads are not working with FireFox. Use Safari to download the current version of the installer

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2020 7:30 AM in response to El_22x

macOS upgrade have been no-charge since OS 10.9 Mavericks''

Also, when i come to download mojave it is saying that it is damaged can anyone confirm why?

That message usually indicates that you have an older and out-of-date version of the installer already in your Applications folder. Find it and delete it. the thry again.

NOTE: There are many reports here that Apple system downloads are not working with FireFox. Use Safari to download the current version of the installer

is macOS Catalina free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.