Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages, keynote, numbers, garage band apps disappeared

After an OS re-installation, i observed that - pages, keynote, numbers, garage band - apps in my macbook air were missing. Later, i looked up in the app store where they were displayed with a cloud icon (instead of the usual 'get' icon) next to it. But i am unable to download these apps from the app store by clicking on the cloud icon.

Please advise how to reload pages, keynote and numbers app from the app store, in my re-installed OS X Catalina 10.15.

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 9:24 AM

All of those apps have never been included with macOS/OS X & need to be downloaded from the Mac App Store. Make sure you are signed into the MAS with your Apple ID. I have found that it may appear that you are signed in but, as you discovered, you can't download anything. I usually get the "you need to sign in" error even though it says I'm signed in. There is obviously some disconnect in the App Store. Click on "Store" in the menu bar & choose "Sign Out." Then go back & sign in.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2020 9:24 AM in response to vkvee

All of those apps have never been included with macOS/OS X & need to be downloaded from the Mac App Store. Make sure you are signed into the MAS with your Apple ID. I have found that it may appear that you are signed in but, as you discovered, you can't download anything. I usually get the "you need to sign in" error even though it says I'm signed in. There is obviously some disconnect in the App Store. Click on "Store" in the menu bar & choose "Sign Out." Then go back & sign in.

Pages, keynote, numbers, garage band apps disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.