Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable access to camera on Screen Time enabled iPhone?

As in the title, my son loves tik tok but for the last few days there is no access to the camera. Means he can't record any movies. I don't want to switch the screen time off, that's the only way to keep him off the phone for any longer than one minute per day ;-)

Tik Tok takes you to the settings each time you want to take the video, but there is no way to enable camera access as it's not available option there. PLEASE HELP!

Also, I know that Tik Tok have it's own screen time thing, but it's not what I want/need. No. What I need is apple built in Screen Time feautre

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:45 AM

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, Mgmacius! 

That’s a great question you have about allowing access to the camera for the TikTok app on your child’s iPhone. Since you’re using Screen Time, we suggest checking out this article to Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Specifically:

"Allow changes to privacy settings

The privacy settings on your device give you control over which apps have access to information stored on your device or the hardware features. For example, you can allow a social-networking app to request access to use the camera, which allows you to take and upload pictures.

To allow changes to privacy settings:

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
  3. Tap Privacy, then choose the settings you want to restrict.

Here are the things you can restrict:

• Location Services: Lock the settings to allow apps and websites to use location
  • Contacts: Prevent apps from accessing your Contacts
  • Calendars: Prevent apps from accessing your Calendar
  • Reminders: Prevent apps from accessing your Reminders
  • Photos: Prevent apps from requesting access to your photos
  • Share My Location: Lock the settings for location sharing in Messages and Find My Friends
  • Bluetooth sharing: Prevent devices and apps from sharing data through Bluetooth
  • Microphone: Prevent apps from requesting access to your microphone
  • Speech Recognition: Prevent apps from accessing Speech Recognition or Dictation
  • Advertising: Prevent changes to advertising settings
  • Media & Apple Music: Prevent apps from accessing your photos, videos, or music library"

Let us know if you continue to have issues and take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 8:45 AM in response to Mgmacius

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities, Mgmacius! 

That’s a great question you have about allowing access to the camera for the TikTok app on your child’s iPhone. Since you’re using Screen Time, we suggest checking out this article to Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Specifically:

"Allow changes to privacy settings

The privacy settings on your device give you control over which apps have access to information stored on your device or the hardware features. For example, you can allow a social-networking app to request access to use the camera, which allows you to take and upload pictures.

To allow changes to privacy settings:

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
  3. Tap Privacy, then choose the settings you want to restrict.

Here are the things you can restrict:

• Location Services: Lock the settings to allow apps and websites to use location
  • Contacts: Prevent apps from accessing your Contacts
  • Calendars: Prevent apps from accessing your Calendar
  • Reminders: Prevent apps from accessing your Reminders
  • Photos: Prevent apps from requesting access to your photos
  • Share My Location: Lock the settings for location sharing in Messages and Find My Friends
  • Bluetooth sharing: Prevent devices and apps from sharing data through Bluetooth
  • Microphone: Prevent apps from requesting access to your microphone
  • Speech Recognition: Prevent apps from accessing Speech Recognition or Dictation
  • Advertising: Prevent changes to advertising settings
  • Media & Apple Music: Prevent apps from accessing your photos, videos, or music library"

Let us know if you continue to have issues and take care!

How to enable access to camera on Screen Time enabled iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.