Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to create directory for icloud photos

i get this message "unable to create directory for icloud photos" on my PC. I uninstall and delete every icloud file I fcan ind, then reinstall iclooud with the same results

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:51 AM

Hi there tomsmith18,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you’re seeing a message that a directory for iCloud Photos is not able to be created on your PC. We’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

If your iCloud Photos aren't loading on your PC

This resource provides great information and steps that can help if iCloud Photos aren’t loading on your PC. If you need further assistance after checking out that resource, based on what you've described we would encourage you to reach out to Apple Support directly. Below is a resource to get started with Apple Support:

Get Support

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 8:51 AM in response to tomsmith18

Hi there tomsmith18,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you’re seeing a message that a directory for iCloud Photos is not able to be created on your PC. We’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

If your iCloud Photos aren't loading on your PC

This resource provides great information and steps that can help if iCloud Photos aren’t loading on your PC. If you need further assistance after checking out that resource, based on what you've described we would encourage you to reach out to Apple Support directly. Below is a resource to get started with Apple Support:

Get Support

Have a great day!

unable to create directory for icloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.