Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac can't find printer

I recently upgraded my home network and the wireless modem is now in the basement. I installed an Arris VAP2500 wireless access point in the study and plugged the printer's ethernet cable into it. Now, my Mac no longer recognizes the printer. They are both on the same wireless network (both IP addresses start with 172.16.1).

I am running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 on a Mac Mini with 8 Gb of memory. The printer is a Xerox Phaser 6180N

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 7:31 PM

Replacing your router resulted in the printer receiving a new IP address. Add that printer to Printers & Scanners at its new address on your network.

Refer to Add a network printer by its IP address.

2 replies

Sep 8, 2020 8:17 PM in response to MiMoore

MiMoore Said:

Mac can’t find printer: [...]I recently upgraded my home network and the wireless modem is now in the basement. I installed an Arris VAP2500 wireless access point in the study and plugged the printer's ethernet cable into it. Now, my Mac no longer recognizes the printer. [...]I am running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 on a Mac Mini with 8 Gb of memory. The printer is a Xerox Phaser 6180N

———-

Where did you Get these Drivers?

Remove, then add this printer back. Reinstall drivers to get this to work. But, obtain them from the manufacturer (Xerox, in this case), and none other. Getting the drivers elsewhere could result in Malware or Spyware getting installed.

Connecting This:

Look on Arris’ and Xerox’s sites for the method of setting this up. Also, look at the user manual that cane with this. You may need to add this network on the printer itself. While connected to the network, it should be seen.

Mac can't find printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.