You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Says Wi-Fi No Hardware installed when you click on the WiFi?

My Wireless options have disappeared from my lap top... says Wi-Fi No Hardware installed

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 6:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 2:13 AM

So mine does give information about the WIFI and says softwareversions with a couple of details below. Still if I go to systempreferences - network it doesn't give the option to install WIFI, only bluetooth pan / firewire /ethernet 1 and 2 /vpn / ppp0E 6to4. Downloading software updates is impossible as I have no internet... what to do?

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 11, 2020 2:13 AM in response to TheLittles

So mine does give information about the WIFI and says softwareversions with a couple of details below. Still if I go to systempreferences - network it doesn't give the option to install WIFI, only bluetooth pan / firewire /ethernet 1 and 2 /vpn / ppp0E 6to4. Downloading software updates is impossible as I have no internet... what to do?

Sep 11, 2020 4:13 AM in response to Dblo420

go to network prefernces

on the left side you will see + icon click on it then choose wifi and click add

if there is already a wifi in pane delete(-) it first

Sep 9, 2020 2:09 PM in response to Dblo420

Dblo420 Said:

"Says Wi-Fi No Hardware installed when you click on the WiFi?: My Wireless options have disappeared from my lap top... says Wi-Fi No Hardware installed"

-------

View Wi-Fi Devices:

1. Go To: Apple menu
  2. Select: About this Mac
  3. Click: System Report button (bottom-right of first tab)
  4. Expand: Networking
  5. Click: Wi-Fi (on the far-left of the window)

What shows up? Anything?

Screenshot Pointing to Wi-Fi (With Personal Info Blocked Out):

Sep 13, 2020 11:01 PM in response to TheLittles

Dear Dblo420, Thank you for your reply. so I have tried to rewrite something in the terminal (config). I can't remember exactly what I did, but I found it on this forum as well. Then I have shut down the computer and disconnected all the cables, including the ones from the WIFI. Connected the cables again after a little while and started the computer. The "no wifi hardware installed" -notice had disappeared and I could add Wifi in my System Preferences - network again. Problem solved. Then I read your post... Thank you for responding and I am glad it has not been necessary to reinstall everything. Greetings La Cuadra

Sep 11, 2020 12:20 PM in response to lacuadraronda

Dblo420 Said:

"Says Wi-Fi No Hardware installed when you click on the WiFi?: So mine does give information about the WIFI and says softwareversions with a couple of details below[...]

———-

So, no Wi-Fi Hardware is Shown, correct?

If So, then you need to Reinstall the macOS:

Sometimes, changes are made to your Mac (i.e. uninstalls), and then settings (i.e. for Wi-Fi Drivers), become manipulated, technically. So, reinstalling the macOSwith place moved items back to where they should be, and will replace damaged system files.

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Says Wi-Fi No Hardware installed when you click on the WiFi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.