Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

videos has green bars at bottom and right side in QuickTime and iMovie

hello.

I have a MacBook Pro 2020 with Catalina 10.15.6 and one of my videos plays with green bars at bottom and right side in QuickTime, I played the video in other computer and seems normal. One solution was to download another video player (MKPlayer) and it played the video without the green bars. So I believe that the problem is QuickTime, also tried to open it with iMovie to edit it but had the same green bars.

what should I do?

thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 2:31 PM

Hello alle_lanaro,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! We understand that a video is playing with unexpected green bars both in iMovie and in QuickTime on your Mac. Thanks for including a screenshot of that behavior.

To start, we'd like to have you try the troubleshooting steps listed in the following support article:

If iMovie isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

In addition to those steps, could you also let us know if the behavior is occurring only with this specific video or has it happened with other videos as well? If it's occurring with just this specific video, does it still happen if you were to resize and import the video to iMovie again or crop the video?

iMovie for Mac: Crop a clip

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 2:31 PM in response to alle_lanaro

Hello alle_lanaro,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! We understand that a video is playing with unexpected green bars both in iMovie and in QuickTime on your Mac. Thanks for including a screenshot of that behavior.

To start, we'd like to have you try the troubleshooting steps listed in the following support article:

If iMovie isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

In addition to those steps, could you also let us know if the behavior is occurring only with this specific video or has it happened with other videos as well? If it's occurring with just this specific video, does it still happen if you were to resize and import the video to iMovie again or crop the video?

iMovie for Mac: Crop a clip

Cheers!

videos has green bars at bottom and right side in QuickTime and iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.