Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes music

Why are some of my songs that i downloaded from my CDS not able to play on my Iphone / Ipad!!!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 6:18 PM

You’ll see that message if you’re using iTunes Match. The song that you’re seeing isn’t actually the song from the CD but just the title and the Music app is not able to match it with the iTunes library. You will have to make sure the CD in question is selected to sync with your iPhone when it is connected to the PC/Mac that contains the CD.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 6:18 PM in response to playfulandy

You’ll see that message if you’re using iTunes Match. The song that you’re seeing isn’t actually the song from the CD but just the title and the Music app is not able to match it with the iTunes library. You will have to make sure the CD in question is selected to sync with your iPhone when it is connected to the PC/Mac that contains the CD.

Sep 10, 2020 4:09 AM in response to playfulandy

You shouldn't see this message with music you synced from your library to your iPhone. You should only see it if you use iTunes match/iCloud Music library and Apple tries to match the music with their own library. I have the same issue with some of my music and Apple told me on the phone that the only way around this is to add the actual songs to my iPhone. However to be able to do that I would have to turn of iCloud Music library and I haven't felt like messing with that yet. This site might help:

https://appletoolbox.com/what-to-do-if-a-song-is-not-currently-available-in-your-country-or-region/

Itunes music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.