Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software update

I tried updating my iPhone for many tomes now. It gives me an error message every time. What should I do to solve this?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:34 AM

Welcome, sinthia80, to Apple Support Communities!

We see that you have tried to update your iPhone many times, but you keep getting some error message every time!

We should be able to help with this.

Of course, it will help us to know what your error message said.

However, provided you were using WiFi, as QuickTimeKirk pointed out, the likely issue is that your iPone doesn’t have sufficient free (internal, hardware) space for the update.

If that’s the case, you’ll need to free up space on your iPhone.

Please follow the steps outlined in Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. That includes updating your iOS to the latest version.

If your phone doesn’t have sufficient free space, you may not be able to backup to iCloud.

In this case, you may be able to backup using a computer (PC or Mac running iTunes, or Mac running Catalina via the Finder).

Please let us know how this all goes for you!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 8:34 AM in response to sinthia80

Welcome, sinthia80, to Apple Support Communities!

We see that you have tried to update your iPhone many times, but you keep getting some error message every time!

We should be able to help with this.

Of course, it will help us to know what your error message said.

However, provided you were using WiFi, as QuickTimeKirk pointed out, the likely issue is that your iPone doesn’t have sufficient free (internal, hardware) space for the update.

If that’s the case, you’ll need to free up space on your iPhone.

Please follow the steps outlined in Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. That includes updating your iOS to the latest version.

If your phone doesn’t have sufficient free space, you may not be able to backup to iCloud.

In this case, you may be able to backup using a computer (PC or Mac running iTunes, or Mac running Catalina via the Finder).

Please let us know how this all goes for you!

Software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.