Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Mail

Has anyone else experienced a sudden stop in the ability to send mail from the mail app after updating to Catalina??

At this point I have adjusted the preferences so many times that I am now just confused and frustrated.

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:52 AM

If your Mail ISP is using password aging, then you may need to visit their support site and configure a new email password. Have you contacted your Mail ISP support staff, and asked them for help?

I use several email accounts, and not one of them stopped working with the upgrade to Catalina , or its updates through 10.15.6 (19G2021).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 8:52 AM in response to Jill Gridley

If your Mail ISP is using password aging, then you may need to visit their support site and configure a new email password. Have you contacted your Mail ISP support staff, and asked them for help?

I use several email accounts, and not one of them stopped working with the upgrade to Catalina , or its updates through 10.15.6 (19G2021).

Sep 9, 2020 9:01 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hi

I'm sorry, I have no clue what you are talking about - I am a complete novice.

I use the standard Mac app linked to iCloud.

If I log into iCloud there isn't a problem.

I keep getting account error messages from the desktop app when I send an email, it gets stuck in outbox. Port times out.

I looked up Mail settings and reset it, but it just continues

Catalina Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.