Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access files stored on OneDrive -- I have a 2019 MacBook Pro 16"

Suddenly started getting error message when going to open files stored on OneDrive. "OneDrive couldn't download [filename] (Error Code: -43). If I right click and choose to open in Microsoft word or excel, I get a different error message: "Additional permissions are required to access the following files." Then it lists the file and tells you to select the item to gain access, but it doesn't actually allow you to select anything. HELP! This is completely new issue. wondering if it's a by-product of a recent update or something.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 12:55 AM

Hi Kittmann, I have a new Mac and ran into the same problem. Firstly I've noticed that the OneDrive application wasn't running after reboot, so I started it. Then I clicked the little cloud icon top right of the screen and activated Files On-Demand. Now it seems to be working. Possibly one could also add OneDrive to Login Items (under Users and Groups in System Preferences), so that OneDrive starts automatically every time you start MacOS. We'll see....

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 12:55 AM in response to Kittmann

Hi Kittmann, I have a new Mac and ran into the same problem. Firstly I've noticed that the OneDrive application wasn't running after reboot, so I started it. Then I clicked the little cloud icon top right of the screen and activated Files On-Demand. Now it seems to be working. Possibly one could also add OneDrive to Login Items (under Users and Groups in System Preferences), so that OneDrive starts automatically every time you start MacOS. We'll see....

Sep 10, 2020 9:06 AM in response to Kittmann

Hello Kittmann,

It sounds like you are having trouble opening files stores in OneDrive and you are seeing an error message when trying to open files saying you do not have permission. Check out this link for Microsoft support when you cannot access files in OneDrive.

Fix problems uploading files on the OneDrive website

Otherwise check out this link to learn more about Mac permissions.

Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac

Cheers!

Can't access files stored on OneDrive -- I have a 2019 MacBook Pro 16"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.