Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I buy more iPhone storage?

can I buy more iPhone storage?if I can how? I been running out of storage and I don’t want to delete some stuff that I have on my phone.

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 10:35 AM

Incorrect. iCloud does not offer independent archival storage for photos, videos etc. it is a synchronization service, not independent storage. Photos in iCloud will always also need to be on your device. If you delete them from your device, you delete them from iCloud.

Even if using iCloud backups for photos, each new backup will end up overwriting the previous backup. So you will loose information that way too over time.

The only way to truly secure data and delete it from the device is to copy it first to some independent archival storage, like a laptop or desktop, external drive, or archival online storage service (e.g. Dropbox, Box).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 10:35 AM in response to Zach_Yarbrough

Incorrect. iCloud does not offer independent archival storage for photos, videos etc. it is a synchronization service, not independent storage. Photos in iCloud will always also need to be on your device. If you delete them from your device, you delete them from iCloud.

Even if using iCloud backups for photos, each new backup will end up overwriting the previous backup. So you will loose information that way too over time.

The only way to truly secure data and delete it from the device is to copy it first to some independent archival storage, like a laptop or desktop, external drive, or archival online storage service (e.g. Dropbox, Box).

Can I buy more iPhone storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.