Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my repair on my iphone screen out of warranty?

I have the one year long limited warranty on my iPhone XR. my phone screen first shattered and then my screen started getting black. It glitches all the time and half of the leds are dead. I need a repair so I go to apples website to send in my phone for repair and it says they can do an out of warranty repair for $200. First of all, I do not have that kind of money, and second, it says i still have my limited warranty! and it says that physical damage is covered by the limited warranty.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 12:54 PM

bransonjr6 wrote:

and it says that physical damage is covered by the limited warranty.

We don’t know what country you’re in. Here is the U.S. version of Apple’s iPhone warranty.

Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty

It certainly does not say “physical damage is covered by the limited warranty”. Read especially “What is not covered by this warranty?”.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 12:54 PM in response to bransonjr6

bransonjr6 wrote:

and it says that physical damage is covered by the limited warranty.

We don’t know what country you’re in. Here is the U.S. version of Apple’s iPhone warranty.

Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty

It certainly does not say “physical damage is covered by the limited warranty”. Read especially “What is not covered by this warranty?”.

Sep 9, 2020 1:05 PM in response to bransonjr6

You said your screen shattered. At that point, did you have it serviced, or have you simply lived with a shattered screen?

If you had it serviced, and that was not done at an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center, then Apple will no longer do anything for this iPhone for any price, as you had an unauthorized repair.

If you had it serviced at an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center, or you never had it serviced, then if only your screen is damaged (somewhat unlikely), you would be charged $199 plus tax. If more than the screen is damaged, you would be charged $399 plus tax and very likely receive an out-of-warranty replacement iPhone XR.

Sep 9, 2020 2:45 PM in response to bransonjr6

bransonjr6 Said:

"So do you know if my phone is covered for repair by the warranty? Because i am not about to spend $200 on a repair."

-------

Take it to a Retailer:

If it's too much, then take it to a retailer (not necessarily an AASP), and see what they have for services and prices.

Store's Reputation:

If you googled the store, you could probably find out about the stores reputation, perhaps mentioning something on their reliability when it comes to fixing mobile devices. It'd be reviews, assumingely from none other than customers with firsthand experiences.

why is my repair on my iphone screen out of warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.