Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchanging wrong item in store

Hi, unsure whether this is the right place to ask, but I ordered a new cable off of the Apple website and it arrived earlier today for me to realise I ordered the wrong item. I ordered the USB C cable when i intended to order the standard USB normal cable for my phone. If I took the cable to my local Apple store would I be able to exchange it for my desired item in store,(As they are the same price) providing I showed my purchase email with the order reference etc?

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 9:47 AM

Although I haven't done this myself recently (the nearest Apple Store is over 200 miles from me), I have had items exchanged at the Store in the past. If you store is close by, you can certainly go there and see if the Apple representative can help you out. On the other hand if, like me, your nearest store is a bit away, I would suggest calling first to find out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 9:47 AM in response to Jamesparry9

Although I haven't done this myself recently (the nearest Apple Store is over 200 miles from me), I have had items exchanged at the Store in the past. If you store is close by, you can certainly go there and see if the Apple representative can help you out. On the other hand if, like me, your nearest store is a bit away, I would suggest calling first to find out.

Exchanging wrong item in store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.