Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Cloud security breach

I received a call this morning saying there had been suspicious activity on my I Cloud account. That there had been numerous attempts to breach it. I was told not to enter data or banking information.

I was then told to hold on to speak to a rep. So I held on and intermittently a message would inform me to continue hot hold a bit longer.

i was suspicious so I hung up. I called the number that the call came from and a young guy answered. No Apple business identificar. So i said Im sorry I thought I was reaching d as business. He said mo this is a personal line.

have you heard of scams with Apple ID

Cloud fake reps ? I’m assuming they were going to ask me for personal information.

where can I report this ? Thanks

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 10:34 AM

It is a common scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 10:34 AM in response to 2020Luca2020

It is a common scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed.

I Cloud security breach

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.