Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay asking for code. Where do I find it?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 4:32 PM

Helpful NO

As usual Apple Help leaves me disappointed and more confused than before I asked the question.

The Apple still does not where or how to find the "Office TV Code" - please answer the question as if the individual is a beginner not an expert. Experts are not asking these questions.

3 replies

Oct 25, 2020 5:21 PM in response to appleandme1

more confused than before I asked the question.

Please use the same account as before, if you are the original poster, so that others know that you are the same person on this forum.

how to find the "Office TV Code"

I don’t know what that is. The discussion was about AirPlay and the Apple TV box.

please answer the question as if the individual is a beginner not an expert.

Please provide details, such as: Trying to AirPlay from device X (e.g. iPhone 11/iPad Air 3rd generation) to device Y (e.g. Apple TV 4K “A1842”). As a volunteer, I’d like to be specific, rather than covering all possibilities, of which many may not apply to your situation.

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

AirPlay to third party devices may be a bit different in setup.

Does it ask for a pairing PIN code or for a password?

You can check if a password is set, by going to Settings on the Apple TV, then to AirPlay, then to Allow Access. There will be a Require Password On|Off switch. If it is set to On, then there will also be a password field, that you can set to any password that you feel comfortable with. If it is set to Off, then devices would not be asked for a password, when trying to AirPlay to the Apple TV.

Manage AirPlay settings on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.