Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Apple News App, iOS 13.7, iphone 7.

Hello,

I have a maddening problem...

Even with the earlier iOS (13.something), the Apple News App disappeared. I still get some headlines on the home screen but I cannot open the News app itself. It simply does not seem to exist on my phone. This persists with iOS 13.7.

What I have checked/tried:

1. I searched for it. (Sweep to the leftmost screen, type "News" in the search field. Various other News items come up but not the Apple News app.
  2. Checked Settings>Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps. I have it off. I also tried with it on but then 'News' is turned on under Allowed Apps.
  3. My region is set to United States
  4. Went to the App Store. Found Apple News intending to redownload it. The only option offered is "Open", therefore obviously recognizing it as an app already on the phone. When I click on Open, it (falsely) states: "Restrictions Enabled. Certain apps, features, or services can't be seen or used when Restrictions are on. To use this app, turn Restrictions off". But restrictions _are_ already off. Tried turning them on/off again and powering off. No change, no luck.

There seems to be a bug in this iOS...

Could someone help??

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 1:57 PM

11 replies

Sep 10, 2020 2:38 PM in response to MeYanni

Turn Content & Privacy Restrictions ON. Then tap Allowed Apps. Is the switch on for News?

Are you under 18, and is your phone part of Family Sharing? If it is then the master family account can set restrictions on your phone.

Is your phone issued by a company or school, or is there a company or school email account on the phone? If so the administrator can set restrictions also.

Missing Apple News App, iOS 13.7, iphone 7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.