Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what do i need an apple id for

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 4:37 PM

For everything you do with Apple (including logging into this forum). See the following from How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

An Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like iCloud, the App Store, the iTunes Store, Apple Music, and more. It includes the email address and password that you use to sign in, and all the contact, payment, and security details that you'll use across Apple services.

No matter where you create your Apple ID, just remember to use the same one to sign in to every Apple service. That way, you can access and manage everything with a single account and password.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 4:37 PM in response to Earispe22

For everything you do with Apple (including logging into this forum). See the following from How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

An Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services like iCloud, the App Store, the iTunes Store, Apple Music, and more. It includes the email address and password that you use to sign in, and all the contact, payment, and security details that you'll use across Apple services.

No matter where you create your Apple ID, just remember to use the same one to sign in to every Apple service. That way, you can access and manage everything with a single account and password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.