Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to return iPad text display to show list of texts instead of showing last read text

how can I change the way texts are displayed on my iPad. It was originally a list. Once I clicked on one now the text remains displayed to the right of the screen

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 7:22 PM

When you open the Message App after it has been fully closed, you'll see the list of texts on the left and nothing on the right. Once you tap any message, the content of the text will be displayed on the right until you tap another message, which will replace the content with the text you have tapped.

This is normal and expected behavior and doesn't seem to me be any different than it has always been. In other words, if this is what you are seeing, there is nothing to adjust as your Message app is working as designed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 7:22 PM in response to Drmjs333

When you open the Message App after it has been fully closed, you'll see the list of texts on the left and nothing on the right. Once you tap any message, the content of the text will be displayed on the right until you tap another message, which will replace the content with the text you have tapped.

This is normal and expected behavior and doesn't seem to me be any different than it has always been. In other words, if this is what you are seeing, there is nothing to adjust as your Message app is working as designed.

How to return iPad text display to show list of texts instead of showing last read text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.