Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm volume is too low

My alarm is too low . Tried settings and edit on alarm nothing working

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 5:30 AM

OK I see that this is a typical answer. However, this is not a SOLUTION! I should not have to lose access to one feature to work around a flaw in another feature.

APPLE - THIS IS HAPPENING TOO FREQUENTLY IN YOUR O/S NOW! So many little annoying bugs creeping up.

Someone needs to solve this the correct way - so that I can have awareness features ON and still have the alarm, whilst sitting on a nightstand NOT looking at a face, play at the correct volume. Please help Apple support!

iPhone 12mini, updated to latest as of 2/9/21.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2021 5:30 AM in response to rickscsc

OK I see that this is a typical answer. However, this is not a SOLUTION! I should not have to lose access to one feature to work around a flaw in another feature.

APPLE - THIS IS HAPPENING TOO FREQUENTLY IN YOUR O/S NOW! So many little annoying bugs creeping up.

Someone needs to solve this the correct way - so that I can have awareness features ON and still have the alarm, whilst sitting on a nightstand NOT looking at a face, play at the correct volume. Please help Apple support!

iPhone 12mini, updated to latest as of 2/9/21.

Oct 25, 2020 2:24 PM in response to fienneone

I just acquired the iPhone 12 2 days ago and experienced this identical issue with my “Timer” alarm.

Go to Settings—>Face ID & Passcode—>Attention Aware Features, and toggle to the “Off” position. Then, shut your iPhone off and reboot. It worked fine after that.

At first, I didn’t shut my iPhone off and reboot and the Timer alarm did NOT increase in volume. Only after shutting down rebooting did the alarm sound at full volume.

Feb 10, 2021 5:22 AM in response to BMoreE

Following up here for those who do not want to disable the Awareness features to make their alarm work:

My scenario is: Alarm worked correctly for months, but after latest update, it was going off at the much lower "aware" volume, while sitting in the same position on my nightstand (next to my charging Apple Watch, in case that is a common trigger for this bug.) No volume setting would change this - all volume settings (ringer, normal) at max and have not been touched.

Additionally: my alarm is set through the "Sleep" function (found in the Health app) and controlled there, so not a "regular" alarm set directly in the alarm/clock app. (Although it is represented in that list.)

So yesterday, I manually set an alarm using this sleep function a few times to test. Doing this, I was able to have it trigger at the correct volume. I returned my sleep settings to the regular time before going to bed. Shazam - it went off correctly for the first time in weeks this morning!

Before turning it off, I "looked" at the phone, and it correctly recognized the awareness and the volume dropped.

So - features worked correctly today. I will report back tomorrow morning if it stays working - if not, we may have a repeatable set of steps to initiate the bug! (The activation of the awareness when acknowledging the alarm the day before.)

Jan 12, 2021 7:25 AM in response to Quarterwoods1

Yeah, so, @SravanKrA is right! Just realized the Attention Aware setting prevents the alarm from screaming at you when you’re looking at your device! In retrospect, this is a smart feature.

The reason why my alarm column was too low was because I was looking at my device while waiting for the alarm to go off to assess its volume level.

TRY THIS: set an alarm with your desired features, but set the time to 1 minute from now. Then, lock the device, and set it down so it’s not looking at you (as would probably be in a typical setting when one is, for example, asleep). I’ll bet the alarm volume will be loud once it goes off. 😉

Alarm volume is too low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.