You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro takes years to process

there,

i am using macbook pro 2017(no touchbar) currently running latest stable os 10.15.6

finder is taking years in just deleting 2-3 KB files while preview shows loading bar while quick looking at 5-7 MB files

all other process such as browsing or mails system pref... spotlight are working fine only finder and preview has the issue

any suggestion in resolving this issue

also there is enough memory available and there is no disk load or cpu load

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 2:49 AM

4 replies

Sep 11, 2020 6:41 PM in response to Community User

Have you rebooted the laptop?

Run Disk Utility First Aid on the drive. Even if First Aid shows everything as "Ok" make sure to click on "Details" and check to see if there are any unfixed errors. If there are unfixed errors, then you need to backup or clone the drive so you can erase the whole physical SSD, then restore from the backup or clone.

To look for software issue run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Run the Apple Diagnostics.

See if your laptop qualifies for this free Apple SSD repair program (have the laptop serviced if it qualifies):

https://support.apple.com/13-inch-macbook-pro-solid-state-drive-service

FYI, here is the current list of the publicly acknowledged free repair programs for various Apple products (some products such as your laptop have multiple programs available):

https://support.apple.com/service-programs

Make sure to always have frequent & regular backups since it is impossible to recover accidentally deleted data from an SSD. k Plus an SSD can fail at any time without any warning signs.

Sep 12, 2020 11:22 AM in response to Community User

Uninstall MacKeeper by following the developer's instructions. Anti-virus and cleaning apps are not needed on a Mac and they usually cause more problems than they solve plus they impact system performance. If you still have issues after uninstalling MacKeeper, then run EtreCheck again and post the report. The write speed of the SSD seems a bit slow so I want to see what the speed is after MacKeeper is uninstalled if you still have issues.

If you still have issues, then also run DriveDx and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Does your laptop qualify for the free Apple SSD repair program?

Sep 11, 2020 11:02 PM in response to HWTech

bro i had run first aid in recovery everthing was ok and there are no unfixed errors in details but running of this made the performance worse now finder shows beachball at every click

Sep 13, 2020 6:50 AM in response to HWTech

no my laptop do not qualify for it

mackeeper can not be unistalled fully i tried it once as a result a folder of mackeeper always remains in stagged extension which can not be modified by user

my macbook pro takes years to process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.