Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store gift cards

I currently live in Singapore, but I have an Apple ID with an American phone number and billing address. My location tracking is enabled.

is it possible for me to purchase an App Store gift card locally (in Singapore) and redeem it using my Apple ID?

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 4:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 6:42 AM

Hello Kararara,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you wish to purchase an App Store gift card so you can redeem it to your Apple ID which is currently registered with an American phone number and billing address, but you are currently in Singapore. You would need to purchase a gift card that was in USD not SGD. You would not be able to redeem a gift card purchased at an Apple Store in Singapore and then add it to your Apple ID as the currency would not be the same monetary unit. You may be able to purchase a gift card online in USD and then redeem that gift card. This article has additional information about gift cards which you may find helpful:

What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2020 6:42 AM in response to Kararara

Hello Kararara,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you wish to purchase an App Store gift card so you can redeem it to your Apple ID which is currently registered with an American phone number and billing address, but you are currently in Singapore. You would need to purchase a gift card that was in USD not SGD. You would not be able to redeem a gift card purchased at an Apple Store in Singapore and then add it to your Apple ID as the currency would not be the same monetary unit. You may be able to purchase a gift card online in USD and then redeem that gift card. This article has additional information about gift cards which you may find helpful:

What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

Best Regards.

App Store gift cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.