Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2020 with two external monitors

I have the MacBook Pro 2020 and two Dell P2419H monitors.

I have them both connected via HDMI and a VAKO Multiport USB-C Hub (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081GSRDS5)

The problem is that the two external monitors are only getting a mirrored output, as if the MacBook can only see that there is one of them and is only sending one output that the USB-C hub is not extending into two outputs (even though it is listed as having MST).

When I look in the Display settings it shows the in-built display and one other display (aka the two monitors, which show a mirrored display).

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 5:55 AM

That’s exactly what the description of the product you linked on Amazon states will happen. The dock does not actually support more than one extended external display, no matter how many you actually connect. See this image from the product page:

Unfortunately, this is one of those ‘you get what you pay for’ situations. If you want a dock that supports true dual displays, you need a proper brand like Brydge/StonePro, Elgato, OWC, Belkin or Kensington and those cost >US$200.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 5:55 AM in response to AshKapow

That’s exactly what the description of the product you linked on Amazon states will happen. The dock does not actually support more than one extended external display, no matter how many you actually connect. See this image from the product page:

Unfortunately, this is one of those ‘you get what you pay for’ situations. If you want a dock that supports true dual displays, you need a proper brand like Brydge/StonePro, Elgato, OWC, Belkin or Kensington and those cost >US$200.

MacBook Pro 2020 with two external monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.