Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the DMD saying this "There are not enough empty kit piece cells for all the samples. The following samples were not assigned:" ?

This kit has like 4 samples in it and now it wont let me drag anymore into it, when i try to drag a sample into an empty cell i get this messages " There are not enough empty kit piece cells for all the samples. The following samples were not assigned: Sample Name" THERE ARE LITERALLY 4 SAMPLES IN THE WHOLE KIT!

This has happened multiple times on different occasions, and when i called support they said they have never saw the message before, so i really don't understand how you made logic, but don't know your own error messages or how to fix problems within your own software. Beyond Aggravating...

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 10:48 AM

7 replies

Sep 16, 2020 11:49 AM in response to octopi

Did i say something wrong? lol I've already called Logic support about it and that's what they said, They have never saw this error and they don't know how to fix the problem.

BUT I think i may have found a work around

Check the rack if there are any send our auxes connected into the rack. If there is anything besides the drum machine created channels, take them outside of the folder / rack. I have 2 sends inside of mine and it seems like when you take them out, the problems stops. May not work for you but I think the bug has something to do with non Q sample tracks inside the DMD folder.

Why is the DMD saying this "There are not enough empty kit piece cells for all the samples. The following samples were not assigned:" ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.