Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find playlists on Music on Catalina

I have many libraries and when I migrated from iTunes, I brought MacbookAir to Store, and nice support person, seemed to have fixed everything. I don't know how she did it, but the libraries were still scattered but everything was there. Now I've been trying to organize libraries by Music>preferences>files, pointing to each file. I have lost all of my play lists. I don't synch w iphone, so playlists, albiet outdated, are there. Can I get the current playlists back on my Mac?

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 11:04 AM

Hi Elizabeth,

Hard to tell exactly what went on there. The right way to migrate is to Consolidate the library and then move it, as described in here:

Change where your music files are stored on Mac - Apple Support

If the library is moved without being consolidated, files that are outside the designated Media folder may get "lost" in the sense that iTunes does not know where to look for them. However, if all the audio files are still there, which I assume is the case, you can re-add them to the new library.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2020 11:04 AM in response to Elizabeth Kenny

Hi Elizabeth,

Hard to tell exactly what went on there. The right way to migrate is to Consolidate the library and then move it, as described in here:

Change where your music files are stored on Mac - Apple Support

If the library is moved without being consolidated, files that are outside the designated Media folder may get "lost" in the sense that iTunes does not know where to look for them. However, if all the audio files are still there, which I assume is the case, you can re-add them to the new library.

Can't find playlists on Music on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.