Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just about a new MacBook Pro 2020 the $1799 one

I turned it on and was setting up an it over heated to the point the fans were going crazy loud. I just bought the laptop yesterday September 10th.

I used it to just answer a couple of emails and it got warm almost hot. Is this normal?

Also today is September 11th. Lets take a moment to remember those who fought and those who lost their lives 19 years ago. Thank you to our heroes and never forget. Much love <3.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 12:56 PM

For the first about afternoon it is awake (and not sleeping), it will read every byte of every file and compute the Spotlight Index. Once completed, when you search for anything on your Mac, results will be nearly instantaneous.

But while it is completing the index, it may be warm even if "I'm not doing ANYTHING!".

Remember that this device, unlike your iPhone, is battery-capable. It is intended be connected to AC power whenever AC power is available. It will NEVER over-charge.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 12:56 PM in response to Empezar134

For the first about afternoon it is awake (and not sleeping), it will read every byte of every file and compute the Spotlight Index. Once completed, when you search for anything on your Mac, results will be nearly instantaneous.

But while it is completing the index, it may be warm even if "I'm not doing ANYTHING!".

Remember that this device, unlike your iPhone, is battery-capable. It is intended be connected to AC power whenever AC power is available. It will NEVER over-charge.

I just about a new MacBook Pro 2020 the $1799 one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.