Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Down loading e books

I cannot download e books on my new iPad while I can in my old iPad Air. While trying downloading it is not giving options to choose the overdrive,Bluefire reader or adobe. Then it gives a message “ PKC12 “ on a. bluefire doc generated. Then also book I download in my old iPad does not appear in the bluefire. If my new iPad is not compatible to these apps , is there an Apple app where I can down load the books from library?

iPad Air, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 5:00 PM

Hello MKbpm,

The iPad is a great device for enjoying books, and you've come to a great place for help. With issues related to third-party applications it may lead to contact the application developer for additional support. Before it leads there though we do recommend the steps outlined in the following article. Although the issue doesn't relate to the title of the article, the steps shown can help resolve many issues you may face in third-party apps.

If an app unexpected quits, stops responding, or won't open

There is a built-in Books app that Apple offers where you may be able to download the books to. You can find more information about the Books app in the below article.

Apple Books User Guide for Mac

Have a great weekend.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2020 5:00 PM in response to MKbpm

Hello MKbpm,

The iPad is a great device for enjoying books, and you've come to a great place for help. With issues related to third-party applications it may lead to contact the application developer for additional support. Before it leads there though we do recommend the steps outlined in the following article. Although the issue doesn't relate to the title of the article, the steps shown can help resolve many issues you may face in third-party apps.

If an app unexpected quits, stops responding, or won't open

There is a built-in Books app that Apple offers where you may be able to download the books to. You can find more information about the Books app in the below article.

Apple Books User Guide for Mac

Have a great weekend.

Down loading e books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.