Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone SE not recognized by Macbook pro os/x mojave 10.14.6 itunes 12.9.5.5

HI Apple, Just bought a lovely new shiny iphone SE 2020 .... And been having a wee bit of an issue with it ... I have a Macbook running os/x Mojave 10.14.6 with Itunes 12.9.5.5 which if i'm not mistaken are the latest releases of the software. However the new shiny toy is not showing up in Itunes, but it does show up in Photos .... Hummm

Please don't tell me it's the cable, or the USB port, or Trust ..... Come on Apple, you say it's supported at these levels of software ... Having been in the software and hardware world, if you say it's supported - then as picard said - "make it so" .... Come on apple

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 6:20 AM

ken crozier1 wrote:

HI Apple, Just bought a lovely new shiny iphone SE 2020 .... And been having a wee bit of an issue with it ... I have a Macbook running os/x Mojave 10.14.6 with Itunes 12.9.5.5 which if i'm not mistaken are the latest releases of the software. However the new shiny toy is not showing up in Itunes, but it does show up in Photos .... Hummm

Please don't tell me it's the cable, or the USB port, or Trust ..... Come on Apple, you say it's supported at these levels of software ... Having been in the software and hardware world, if you say it's supported - then as picard said - "make it so" .... Come on apple

Starting with macOS Catalina the new way to interface with iPhone is through the Finder.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your ...

If you are still on Mojave 10..14.6 and no luck with your iPhone you can Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210612http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2020 6:20 AM in response to ken crozier1

ken crozier1 wrote:

Starting with macOS Catalina the new way to interface with iPhone is through the Finder.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your ...

If you are still on Mojave 10..14.6 and no luck with your iPhone you can Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210612http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Sep 12, 2020 9:20 AM in response to ken crozier1

First, Apple are not here--we are your fellow end users.

When you first plugged in your iPhone, did you see a dialog box saying you need to download an update? If so, that is the answer. The message is confusingly worded but it does NOT change your macOS version. Because if eh porr wording, many people including me ignored it because they thought it would change their MacOs to Catalina.

It is a small quick download that appears to patch iTunes so it can access an iPhone or iPad running iOS13/iPadOS13. I've now applied it to two Macs I don't wish to be running Catalina and the still have their original Mac O versions, Mojave and High Sierra.

Now I can upgrade, synch, and backup my iDevices through iTunes 12.9.5.5 just like before.

Iphone SE not recognized by Macbook pro os/x mojave 10.14.6 itunes 12.9.5.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.