Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I repurpose a 5th gen Airport Extreme to connect a device to a network, like an Airport Express?

How do I use A 5th gen Airport Extreme to connect a device to a network, like an Airport Express? I no longer use the Airport Extreme for my home network, but would like to repurpose it to to connect a device to my home network. I have several AirPort Express that I use for this purpose.

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 8:55 PM

Not sure what you are asking, but If it is whether the AirPort Extreme can connect to a network by "joining" the network using a wireless connection, the answer would be "no". Only the AirPort Express has this special type of capability.

If this not what you are asking, maybe a few more details would help us understand exactly what it is that you are trying to accomplish.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 8:55 PM in response to P Dre

Not sure what you are asking, but If it is whether the AirPort Extreme can connect to a network by "joining" the network using a wireless connection, the answer would be "no". Only the AirPort Express has this special type of capability.

If this not what you are asking, maybe a few more details would help us understand exactly what it is that you are trying to accomplish.

How do I repurpose a 5th gen Airport Extreme to connect a device to a network, like an Airport Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.