Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi button is greyed-out

I can’t turn on WiFi on my iPhone 8. WiFi button greyed-out in settings.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 10:12 PM

DanRhino Mail:

"Wifi: I can’t turn on WiFi on my iPhone 8. WiFi button greyed-out in settings."

-------

If Wi-Fi is Greyed-Out:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Update to: the latest version of iOS.

C. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 10:12 PM in response to DanRhino

DanRhino Mail:

"Wifi: I can’t turn on WiFi on my iPhone 8. WiFi button greyed-out in settings."

-------

If Wi-Fi is Greyed-Out:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Update to: the latest version of iOS.

C. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

Sep 14, 2020 1:30 PM in response to PC-MacDaddy

PC-MacDaddy Said:

"Any insight to an iPad Mini4 with this same Wi-Fi button behavior? I've tried EVERY available reset (Mini4 iOS and via iTunes). After upgrading to iOS 13.7, my daughter's Mini4 will no longer connect to Wi-Fi, the button is grayed out. Just started remote education and would be great if I can continue using the Mini4 for her Pre-K education needs. If this is not the forum to address this issue with Apple techs, please point me in the right direction. Thank you."

-------

Get this Serviced:

A. Seems like a Faulty Device:

When was this purchased? Was this purchased from Apple? Did you purchase AppleCare+ Protection with it?

B. Getting this Serviced: It's obsolete. So, note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box limited-warranty. Being discontinued, if purchased as a refurbished device, maybe this can get serviced. If you have purchased an AppleCare+ protection with it, then maybe it can be fixed. If out of warranty, then use an Out-of-Warranty Service Fee. So, contact Apple Support, asking them if they can fix it.

C. Contacting Apple Support:

See what a retailer has to offer for assistance with this.

--- Contact Us - Choose Locations

--- USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE

--- Proceed from there as Necessary

D. Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Service Provider
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Sep 14, 2020 12:28 PM in response to TheLittles

Any insight to an iPad Mini4 with this same Wi-Fi button behavior? I've tried EVERY available reset (Mini4 iOS and via iTunes). After upgrading to iOS 13.7, my daughter's Mini4 will no longer connect to Wi-Fi, the button is grayed out.

Just started remote education and would be great if I can continue using the Mini4 for her Pre-K education needs. If this is not the forum to address this issue with Apple techs, please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Wi-Fi button is greyed-out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.