Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant set up the Hotmail account on iOS

I cannot set up th Hotmail account on default email. I am using Hotmail, not Outlook alias because i am old school.

I tried to remove account and add it on few ways.

1) add Outlook account - i provided the the login (@hotmail.com), password, authenticated, and then it was added, but as @hotmail, but i got back then went again to options i saw @outlook.com and in the email app i can see @outlook.com instead of @hotmail. com and of course i cannot send email as @hotmail.com, but as @outlook.com.

So here the issue is the mail program on iOS is swapping @hotmail.com to @outlook.com

2) i tried to simply add the Exchange account, i provided my @hotmail.com login and pass and thats end, i was unable to connect in that way.

Any suggestions how to add @hotmail.com account?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 8:35 AM

Watch the GIF below, the process is to add hotmail.com email id using outlook on iOS mail.

13 replies

Sep 12, 2020 10:34 AM in response to Kyokushin4

I see you entered it as hotmail and it was changed to Outlook. When you set up the account the phone sent the information you entered to Microsoft, which then replied that it should be Outlook. There may be a workaround if you know the actual address of the MS mail server. It’s an old trick for forcing a POP account rather than IMAP.

Start by setting up as “other”, then deliberately misspell “hotmail” (e.g., hotmial). It should then say it can’t find the server and exit wizard mode, and prompt you for details of the account, including server addresses, type of account, etc..

I cant set up the Hotmail account on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.