Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change control center swipe back to swipe up on the 11

I recently switched to an iPhone 11 and I have got to say I miss the controls from my iPhone 8. I don’t like swiping down from upper right corner to access the control center, is there a way to change it back to swiping up to get the control center? I know it’s not a big deal but I have a plus and it’s easier to swipe up. after three months I’m still not loving the change. Please don’t attack - I just can’t find any options and maybe someone else has the same preference.

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 8:06 PM

there would be an alternative if you just can't stand swiping down from the upper right part of the screen.. It's not going to be like what you had on the iPhone 8, but you could access control center from lower on your screen.

If you go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Assistive Touch, turn it on.. you'll see a white circle appear on your screen. You can touch and hold for a second and then drag it around on your screen. You can tap it and a little menu will open up with ~5 or so pre-populated options. This white circle will always be there, overlaying other apps etc. so not sure if you'll like it

You can configure which options are presented when you press the white dot. You do this by going into Customize Top Level Menu. You can change the number of icons and you can tap on each icon and select what it does from the list of options that opens up. Among these options is control center. So if you really wanted, you could make the white dot open control center by making only 1 icon and selecting control center.

Use AssistiveTouch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2020 8:06 PM in response to gmachayes

there would be an alternative if you just can't stand swiping down from the upper right part of the screen.. It's not going to be like what you had on the iPhone 8, but you could access control center from lower on your screen.

If you go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Assistive Touch, turn it on.. you'll see a white circle appear on your screen. You can touch and hold for a second and then drag it around on your screen. You can tap it and a little menu will open up with ~5 or so pre-populated options. This white circle will always be there, overlaying other apps etc. so not sure if you'll like it

You can configure which options are presented when you press the white dot. You do this by going into Customize Top Level Menu. You can change the number of icons and you can tap on each icon and select what it does from the list of options that opens up. Among these options is control center. So if you really wanted, you could make the white dot open control center by making only 1 icon and selecting control center.

Use AssistiveTouch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How can I change control center swipe back to swipe up on the 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.