Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Music Mix not updating

Last couple of month my New Music Mix is not updating at all. No Updated `day of the week` beneath is displayed. Is it possible that the algorithm is stuck in some way?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 8:22 AM

Ok, I think I have found the solution to this: my New Music Mix is now updating.

TLDR: try to delete your New Music Mix if it is anywhere on a list.

_____

Go to the 'For You' section if it isn't there find it on 'Recently Played' or inside 'Playlists', check if it is in any of them and try to do a 'Delete From Library' and wipe it, it will be fine. All the other Apple Music generated lists (Favorites, GetUp and Chill mixes) might or might not have the option to 'delete them from library', if you have the option chances are it has stopped updating too so hit that delete action also for them. The playlist will come back updated when the time for it comes. I did it on a Tuesday and the playlist went away until Wednesday where I got an 'updated' list ahead of time.

Bear in mind that there has been a lot of outages during the beginnings of November 2020 (notarization issue opening apps making them take minutes instead of seconds, iCloud Tabs not being synchronized between devices, etc)

I did go through hours with tech support, escalated tech support, etc and the usual sign out/in, SMC, PRAM/NVRAM resets, and they did try their best, sharing screen and navigating to try to find a solution with other people and all. So kudos to them.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 8:22 AM in response to alexander_triukhan

Ok, I think I have found the solution to this: my New Music Mix is now updating.

TLDR: try to delete your New Music Mix if it is anywhere on a list.

_____

Go to the 'For You' section if it isn't there find it on 'Recently Played' or inside 'Playlists', check if it is in any of them and try to do a 'Delete From Library' and wipe it, it will be fine. All the other Apple Music generated lists (Favorites, GetUp and Chill mixes) might or might not have the option to 'delete them from library', if you have the option chances are it has stopped updating too so hit that delete action also for them. The playlist will come back updated when the time for it comes. I did it on a Tuesday and the playlist went away until Wednesday where I got an 'updated' list ahead of time.

Bear in mind that there has been a lot of outages during the beginnings of November 2020 (notarization issue opening apps making them take minutes instead of seconds, iCloud Tabs not being synchronized between devices, etc)

I did go through hours with tech support, escalated tech support, etc and the usual sign out/in, SMC, PRAM/NVRAM resets, and they did try their best, sharing screen and navigating to try to find a solution with other people and all. So kudos to them.

New Music Mix not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.