Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay Constantly looking for Apple TV on HIDMI connection

I have connected my MacAir to Samsung TV using HDMI through an adapter. Connection shows that Samsaung TV is connected. But AirPlay is constantly on and off, looking for AppleTV. I turned off the mirrioring option. Still doesn't work.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 9:28 AM

4 replies

Sep 18, 2020 8:38 AM in response to Howwie_Chen

AirPlay system requirements

The following devices support streaming with AirPlay. If your device meets the requirements below, but you can't use AirPlay, learn what to do.

Devices you can stream from

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  • Mac 
  • iTunes on Mac or PC
  • Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD1

Devices you can stream to

• HomePod
  • Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, and Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)
  • Speakers connected to the Audio Out port on AirPort Express
  • Speakers with “Works with Apple AirPlay” on the speaker packaging

https://appletoolbox.com/apple-help-tips-and-tricks-support-index/airplay-not-working-how-to-fix-your-problems/

Sep 18, 2020 5:23 AM in response to BDAqua

It doesn't work by turning off bluetooth. And no, i don't have any mouse or other cable or wireless device connected to my Mac Air.

I was using display adapter to connect to my Samsung TV using HDMI. Because of using adapter and Airplay constantly looking for Apple TV, my Mac screen won't stay on the TV.

Now i get rid adapter. I am using Display-HDMI cable to connect to my TV. My Mac screen stays on Samsung TV now. But if i open AirPlay from Menu Bar, it is still constantly looking for AppleTV, switching between 'Off' and 'Looking for Apple TV'.

I just don't understand why Mac Airplay is still looking for 'Apple TV' while i have cable directly connected to TV. Any ideas?

Airplay Constantly looking for Apple TV on HIDMI connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.