Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1st gen apple tv will not accept my apple ID password

Pulled my 1st get Apple tv out of storage and the unit refuses to accept my Apple ID password. I know the password is good, I signed into this account with it. The wifi works fine, but the unit will not go any further to download movies.

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 12:09 PM

If your Apple TV is really 1st generation (silver-white, 7.7"), then it won’t connect to the iTunes Store anymore since May 2018.

That model also won’t sync anymore with later version of the iTunes application.

If you can't access the App Store or other Apple media services, or can't edit your payment information - Apple Support

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2020 12:09 PM in response to Yeskelevitch

If your Apple TV is really 1st generation (silver-white, 7.7"), then it won’t connect to the iTunes Store anymore since May 2018.

That model also won’t sync anymore with later version of the iTunes application.

If you can't access the App Store or other Apple media services, or can't edit your payment information - Apple Support

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

1st gen apple tv will not accept my apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.