Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to see what's being stored and free up space?

When i go in to storage "On My iPhone" is showing 92 Gb but the is barely anything in the files.

is there any way to see what is being stored and free up space??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 2:45 AM

13 replies

Sep 14, 2020 8:29 AM in response to VES_Enigma

That's strange.

1. Is your iPhone running the latest iOS version (now 13.7)? Shouldn't be this case, I suggest that you update it, then test your storage again.
  2. What happens if you force restart your device, using these instructions?:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support Did your storage change?
  3. What do you see going to Settings>General>About>Available GB?
  4. Do you have a computer running iTunes (PC) or iTunes/Finder (Mac)? If yes, what is your iPhone's storage shown there?

Regards

Giulio

Sep 14, 2020 1:22 PM in response to VES_Enigma

Thanks for your answers.

Something could have gone wrong during the latest update, so my last attempt is as follows:

Create a full backup of your device, then restore it to factory settings, performing this procedure and, in the end, set your iPhone up as new:--> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

When done, restore data from your previously made backup:--> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Check your storage again. If the issue persists, contact Apple Support using this link:--> Get Support

They will be able to help you about that weird "other" / "on my iPhone" storage.

And please, let me know how it goes, thanks.

Regards

Giulio

Sep 15, 2020 1:19 PM in response to ProustGiulio

I restored my phone but after restoring it was still showing the same storage.

So i just backed up essential such as contacts and messages and then restored my phone.

Now storage is back to normal.

I think it was not deleting stuff , just hiding it or something like that. So when i backed up, it stored that data as well and then restored it.

Any idea why it might have done that?

Sep 16, 2020 3:43 AM in response to VES_Enigma

Just talked to another senior member of our Community. Neither he nor I know / have used that application, so we can't make judgments, but we suspect it may have been a glitch coming from right there. I don't want to blame anyone, but I would be careful in the future to use that program (at least you need to be sure that this application is updated to be able to use it (compatible) with the latest iOS version).

Not even my colleague has ever seen a situation comparable to yours (so much space occupied "on my iPhone", for no apparent reason).

Have a good day and ... stay safe.

Giulio

Giulio

Is there any way to see what's being stored and free up space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.