Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System preferences cannot find/Use photos

Hi! I recently imported a bunch of photos from an ssd, After I did this photos couldn't find a system photo library, so I made a new one. All fixed now, Right? Wrong, I tried to change my wallpaper, But system preferences said that I had no photos, even though I have 700+. In Fact, Nothing in system preferences can find it! I can't change my user picture, Wallpaper, And more!

tl;dr After importing photos from an ssd and changing the system photos library, System preferences cannot find my 700+ photos

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 12:29 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 15, 2020 12:45 PM in response to ManDaMan002

Hi there, ManDaMan002!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having an issue using System Preferences to make changes to the desktop wallpaper and your user picture. Please go to System Preferences > Desktop & Screensaver and hit the plus sign, then go to Media > Photos. Once you have done that, see if you can make the change to the wallpaper.

For the issue with the user profile picture, check out this steps in the article to Change a user’s picture on Mac to see if you're able to change the photo by dragging it from Finder.

Let us know the results and have a great day!

System preferences cannot find/Use photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.