Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch band causing skin irritation

I'm experiencing a skin irritation/rash from my Apple Watch band, more so where the access band material goes under and it tighter in my wrist. This is a silicone band, is this common? Is there something in the silicone that causes this? I've never experienced this before with silicone.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 2:07 PM

How to clean your Apple Watch - Apple Support is the official Apple recommendation for cleaning your Apple Watch.

That happened with my black sports band. I used antiseptic wipes to thoroughly clean the band without getting the watch wet. After letting the band dry, and keeping the band off my wrist for several hours, the skin irritation disappeared. Since you have what appears to be a white band, I'm not sure what discoloration issues you may experience.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 2:07 PM in response to Natie16

How to clean your Apple Watch - Apple Support is the official Apple recommendation for cleaning your Apple Watch.

That happened with my black sports band. I used antiseptic wipes to thoroughly clean the band without getting the watch wet. After letting the band dry, and keeping the band off my wrist for several hours, the skin irritation disappeared. Since you have what appears to be a white band, I'm not sure what discoloration issues you may experience.

Watch band causing skin irritation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.