Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crop image, retain quality and proportionality?

Most photos needs a bit clipping from the edges to re-frame the image; albeit slightly smaller, but without loosing the original quality of what is left. How do I do this without loosing the correct dimensions of the original, whilst I'm dragging to re-size & re-frame my image?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 9:20 AM

e you asking about cropping in Photos for Mac or Photos on an iPad/iPhone?

You are mentioning "MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15" below your question, but are asking in the Photos iOS forum for Photos on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch?

In Photos for Mac you can select the aspect ratio when copping - when you use the Crop tool, set the checkmark for the aspect ratio to "Original".

In Photos iOS is also a menu, where you can select the aspect ratio for the Crop tool and set it to Original.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 9:20 AM in response to genderjoker

e you asking about cropping in Photos for Mac or Photos on an iPad/iPhone?

You are mentioning "MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15" below your question, but are asking in the Photos iOS forum for Photos on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch?

In Photos for Mac you can select the aspect ratio when copping - when you use the Crop tool, set the checkmark for the aspect ratio to "Original".

In Photos iOS is also a menu, where you can select the aspect ratio for the Crop tool and set it to Original.

Crop image, retain quality and proportionality?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.