You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos won’t store in iMessage

Having an issue in which photos sent in iMessage will not store on my phone thus not allowing me to find them by tapping the info button. Instead, the photos say “Tap to Download” forcing me to redownload the photo. Is there any toggle in the settings in which the files can remain on my phone?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 7:54 PM

3 replies

Sep 16, 2020 8:20 AM in response to Carlos_GTZ

Carlos_GTZ,

Thanks for that additional information.

Next, try restoring your iPhone as new to test if the message attachment issue persists:

After restoring, set the iPhone up as a new device, and test for the issue by sending and receiving message attachments.

We hope this helps!

Sep 15, 2020 4:15 PM in response to Carlos_GTZ

Hey there Carlos_GTZ,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with attachments in Messages showing "Tap to Download," and we'd like to see if we can assist.

Do you notice this with every messages conversation, or only with specific contacts?

After downloading the attachments, do you then have to download them again? If so, how often does this occur?

Also, restart your iPhone, and check for the issue again.

Thanks!

Photos won’t store in iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.