Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro won't start up

My MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) won't turn on. When I press the power button the startup sound begins, but cuts off in the middle. The screen stays black the whole time.

I tried to reset the PRAM and SMC but not sure if I did it right because nothing changed.

For context, the battery was removed several years ago, but it was working fine (while plugged in to external power) until I tried turning it on a week ago.

Any advice is appreciated!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 5:34 AM

sskoular wrote:

My MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) won't turn on. When I press the power button the startup sound begins, but cuts off in the middle. The screen stays black the whole time.

I tried to reset the PRAM and SMC but not sure if I did it right because nothing changed.

For context, the battery was removed several years ago, but it was working fine (while plugged in to external power) until I tried turning it on a week ago.

Not sure if you were using a Macbook Pro without a battery!

I think to reset some of the features require battery to be present and plugged into charger.

If you have already followed If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support and didn't help.

Then please Start a service request.

https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 5:34 AM in response to sskoular

sskoular wrote:

Not sure if you were using a Macbook Pro without a battery!

I think to reset some of the features require battery to be present and plugged into charger.

If you have already followed If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support and didn't help.

Then please Start a service request.

https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

Macbook Pro won't start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.