Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook peo (2013) won;t update to latest macos

my macbook pro (early 2013) is not updating to macos 10.15.6, it is stuck on macos 10.15

I need it to download Xcode, but Xcode requires atleast 10.15.2, My macbook is still compatibility to macos Big sur, as apple announced, but why can't it update to most recent 10.15.6?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 12:05 AM

Reset SMC and NVRAM.

Download the combo update, and try installing that.

If you have add-on anti-malware, add-on anti-virus, add-on VPN client apps, or add-on cleaners, remove those per the vendors’ instructions, reboot, and try the combo update again.

Failing that, back up, back up again, build a bootable installer, wipe, reload macOS, and migrate in your content using Migration Assistant.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 12:05 AM in response to KyleAguirre

Reset SMC and NVRAM.

Download the combo update, and try installing that.

If you have add-on anti-malware, add-on anti-virus, add-on VPN client apps, or add-on cleaners, remove those per the vendors’ instructions, reboot, and try the combo update again.

Failing that, back up, back up again, build a bootable installer, wipe, reload macOS, and migrate in your content using Migration Assistant.

Macbook peo (2013) won;t update to latest macos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.