Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone passcode reset

The original passcode I set did not work. I could not open the phone. Since it is a new phone with no data yet on it, I tried to "restore" following the advice on Apple's support pages. I got the Restore image on the phone, the option to restore on my computer, and it did theoretically download new settings, or released the old passcode, but am still am not given an opportunity to enter a new 4-digit code. And needless to say, I still cannot access anything on the phone except the screen for re-entering the original passcode. It seems like an endless loop.

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 1:37 PM

Ben-Jubb33 wrote:

The original passcode I set did not work. I could not open the phone. Since it is a new phone with no data yet on it, I tried to "restore" following the advice on Apple's support pages. I got the Restore image on the phone, the option to restore on my computer, and it did theoretically download new settings, or released the old passcode, but am still am not given an opportunity to enter a new 4-digit code. And needless to say, I still cannot access anything on the phone except the screen for re-entering the original passcode. It seems like an endless loop.

If you did this If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support it shouldn't ask you for the old passcode.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 1:37 PM in response to Ben-Jubb33

Ben-Jubb33 wrote:

If you did this If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support it shouldn't ask you for the old passcode.

iPhone passcode reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.