Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

external hard drive error

What is error 49180? how can I mount my ext har drive now that I am running Catalina?Could not mount “extdrive”. (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49180.) Iget this erroe whenI try tomount my FreeAgent external drive. this has been connected to this iMac previously. and has my time machine back ups on it. I tried first aid.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, 10.15

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 2:01 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 15, 2020 2:22 PM in response to AMH103

It basically means the drive has failed as it cannot be mounted.

While using off the shelf (WC, Lacie, Seagate) drives are attractive due to their low price their enclosure quality leave a lot to be desired. Going forward what most experienced users recommend the OWC Mercury Elite Pro line due to their reasonable cost, high reliability rate, ease of repair (yours is likely a throw away), and the great service from the vendor. You can find them at https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/owc-mercury-elite-pro. If you are outside the USA, no problem they have distributors all over the world.

external hard drive error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.