Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where in finder are Podcasts in Catalina?

Where in finder are Podcasts in Catalina? I want to add some old podcasts I had in iTunes Music on my previous iMac. The "Listen with Apple Podcasts" and "What happened to iTunes" links have not helped.

Thanks.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 5:13 PM

Since I am not a user of the Podcasts Application, I would refer you to:

1. Apple Podcasts User Guide for Mac - Apple Support
  2. Find podcasts on Mac - Apple Support

The second link appears to me to describe what you are attempting to accomplish.

7 replies

Sep 16, 2020 4:51 PM in response to Ferd II

This is very helpful. It took me a little bumbling around to remember that the particular library folder I needed is accessible with the Option key in the Go menu of the Finder.

That solves the mystery of where the Podcasts actually are. But how are they accessed? I don't see any way to display the files in the cache and I don't see any other links to a list of available podcasts. If I click on the files in the cache, they play in the Music app, I guess as mp3 files. So - your "Move or Manage" paper helped a lot, but I'm still pretty much up in the air about really using Podcasts. Can you please tell me more?

Where in finder are Podcasts in Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.