Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can we share family plan of Apple when some members of my family are in India and remaining in the US ?

family sharing of Apple +

can we share if members are in different countries- for example I and my wife live in India and my sons and grandsons live in the US

is sharing specific to a country site and apps ?

Thanks

Radhakrishna

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 10:39 PM

Yes you can create a new Apple ID, and also change the region of your current Apple ID.

A payment method and/or address is how the region is determined.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

6 replies

Sep 15, 2020 10:23 PM in response to sinu

One member of the family becomes the Family Organizer. This is considered the main account, who organizes the "family plan" called Family Sharing. S/He adds other members to the Family Sharing plan.

I think: each member's Apple ID has to belong to the same region so that the Organizer can add members to the Family Sharing plan. It does not matter what your actual geographical location is. (You could be residing in India but could be using an Apple ID associated with the USA region, for example.)

So if all of you have an Apple ID associated with the same region, it could be possible.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Use your own Apple ID for Family Sharing - Apple Support

What types of content can I share with my family using purchase sharing? - Apple Support

can we share family plan of Apple when some members of my family are in India and remaining in the US ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.