Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus stuck on black screen.

Hi! So, I have an iPhone 6s Plus that is currently stuck. It just will not turn on. I've tried a hard restart and i've even tried restoring it through iTunes but it just doesn't work for some reason. My computer reads the device and says it's stuck in recovery mode and needs to be updated or restored. So, I go through that whole process just for my iPhone to begin restoring, the apple logo pops up and a loading bar, but it only pops up for about 10 seconds and then my computer stops it and says there was an error. It does this every time. Is there anything else that i could possibly try?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 1:36 AM

Hi, you can check this: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

If you're using a Windows PC, download the latest Windows updates, download the latest iTunes version & uninstall any antivirus, firewall & security software (just for now). Restart the computer & restore your phone again. If using a Mac, download the latest Mac OS & restore your phone again.

If the issue persists, you can take your phone to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service provider. You can book an appointment on getsupport.apple.com or use the Apple Support app.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 1:36 AM in response to officialxzoe

Hi, you can check this: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

If you're using a Windows PC, download the latest Windows updates, download the latest iTunes version & uninstall any antivirus, firewall & security software (just for now). Restart the computer & restore your phone again. If using a Mac, download the latest Mac OS & restore your phone again.

If the issue persists, you can take your phone to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service provider. You can book an appointment on getsupport.apple.com or use the Apple Support app.

iPhone 6s Plus stuck on black screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.