Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update my iphone using acer laptop

How can I update my iphone with this acer laptop?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 6:07 AM

You shouldn't need your laptop to update your iPhone.

Firstly, you should know that the iPhone 5S will not allow updates beyond iOS 12. That model iPhone was declared obsolete in October 2019. You may still use it to make and receive calls, but you won't be able to update it.

Can I update my iPhone 5s to iOS 13?

The iPhone 5s, 6, and 6 Plus, and the sixth generation iPod Touch will not work with iOS 13. ... According to Apple, iOS 13 only supports iPhones with Apple's A9 mobile processor or a more recent chip, which makes the iPhone SE and iPhone 6s lines the oldest Apple smartphones able to handle its newest version of iOS. (19 Sep 2019)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 6:07 AM in response to jhun-jhun192

You shouldn't need your laptop to update your iPhone.

Firstly, you should know that the iPhone 5S will not allow updates beyond iOS 12. That model iPhone was declared obsolete in October 2019. You may still use it to make and receive calls, but you won't be able to update it.

Can I update my iPhone 5s to iOS 13?

The iPhone 5s, 6, and 6 Plus, and the sixth generation iPod Touch will not work with iOS 13. ... According to Apple, iOS 13 only supports iPhones with Apple's A9 mobile processor or a more recent chip, which makes the iPhone SE and iPhone 6s lines the oldest Apple smartphones able to handle its newest version of iOS. (19 Sep 2019)

How can I update my iphone using acer laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.