Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Apple ID Settings - Verification Failed

My IPhone X gave me a red exclamation mark notice. When I went to settings it says some Apple ID settings must be reverified. I enter my ID and password, but it says verification has failed. I am absolutely entering the correct id and password - I logged in fine from both my PC's web browser and my IPad with that exact same ID and Password - checked it a half dozen times.

Any ideas?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 11:34 AM

Have you done a factory reset?

Some other things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch         

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device.      

3 replies

Sep 16, 2020 1:00 PM in response to ronfromsammamish

I'm holding off on the factory reset for now as it's not convenient. I realize it may come to that. I had already tried restarts and forced restarts multiple times.

I don't have other WiFi, but I just turned off WiFi and used LTE. No difference.

I'll give it a day or so in case some network or server glitch. If no joy, I will bite the bullet and do the factory reset. I do have automatic backups to iCloud at least so it shouldn't be too painful.

Update Apple ID Settings - Verification Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.